Monday, May 18, 2009

The Latest from The Parents

I just got this email from mom, along with some items of business. I thought everyone would appreciate this!
Riana
I didn't know if any of you are "Survivor" fans but this is kind of interesting. It looks like they will be doing a series from Samoa. The historic hotel here called Aggie Greys is booked up from May to October with Survivor crew and they have a 200 person capacity. Three of the prettiest beaches here have been closed to the public until October for filming. One of them, The Black Sands Beach, was one of our favorites and Dad went there at least once a week although it was an hour's drive each way.
He has found a lovely little beach just a 10-minute drive from the house, called Palolo Deep. You go through about 100 yards of not much on the bottom and then, all of a sudden, you get to a spot where the coral looks beautiful, fish are plentiful, the variety is extraordinary, and the water is almost always calm--great for snorkeling.
About ten days ago, one of the crew of survivor came in with a dental problem and I took care of him. He wanted to pay me, but I told him we didn't charge. About a week ago the doctor who traveled with them came in and requested if I would see to the emergency dental needs of their cast and crew. I told them I would on a first-come, first-served basis. Then she said, "I hear you won't take money for it". I said, "that's right, we don't charge." Then she asked if they could make a donation of equipment or something." I said, "Yes, you can make a donation of something the hospital here needs." She said that she though she could work that out
Anyway talk to you again, Dad is ready for a game of Yahtzee. He's been beating me ever since I slaughtered him by getting 4 yahtzees in one game for a total score of over 600.
Love ya,
MOM

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks Nana for updating us! I got the same email minus the pics!!! Survivor....coool huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get the pix from them, I stole them from Hisa's facebook profile. I just thought it would be fun to add them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete